The School has observed significant progress over the last few years and has highlighted many examples of “good practice”. However, the School recognizes that there are on-going issues that need to be understood and addressed in the future.
An Action Plan was written which formed part of the School’s successful Silver Award submission and is the basis of our work over the next three years: School of Clinical Medicine Action Plan
We already have preliminary examples of good practice:
– mentoring and networks for women
– postdoctoral staff forums
– gender balance on promotions panels
– career development sessions specifically for female clinical academics
– increasing the visibility of senior academic women (eg meeting chairs)
Our priority areas for development and improvement will be informed by the results of the full staff survey that are currently being analyzed.
Here are the results of the 2012 staff survey (Adobe PDF) School of Clinical Medicine Staff Survey All Staff Communication 3 Aug 2012
Here are the results of the 2015 staff survey (Adobe PDF) School of Clinical Medicine Staff Survey All Staff Communication 29 Jan 2016